PREL conducts research and evaluates education programs to determine what works in the field. We then use the findings to help enhance education outcomes for schools, teachers, families, and children. Finally, we provide education policy makers, researchers, school systems, program developers, and practitioners with information to make informed decisions about education policies, programs, and practices.
Research and Evaluation Services
- Formative and summative program evaluations
- Data collection, analysis, reporting, and presentation
- Evaluation design for grant applications
- Research and customized technical assistance services
Recent Projects & Publications
- Native Hawaiian Education Council: Community Needs Assessment
- Evaluation of the University of Hawaii University of Hawai’i at Mānoa’s SUPER-M Project (NSF No. 0841223)
- Comparing the achievement patterns of Native non-Native Hawaiian grade 8 students in reading and math.
- Nutrition and physical education policy and practice in Pacific Region secondary schools.